Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change units in a prt file 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troach

Automotive
Nov 25, 2003
US
I'm new to UG and did a model in inches instead of mm. Is there an easy way to change that?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I got this directly from "Gateway". You must open a command prompt window (PROGRAM-UNIGRAPHICS-UNIGRAPHICS TOOLS-COMMAND PROMPT).

At the operating system prompt, type:

ug_convert_part -mm|-in -[o s u uo x y] [-o <dirname>] <part_name>|-d [<dirname>]

Options in brackets are not required. Options separated by the pipe character `|' mean that you must provide either the option before the pipe or the option after the pipe, but not both. The first set of options, -mm | -in, denotes the units you are converting to, and are not optional. You must either use -mm to convert to millimeters or -in to convert to inches.
d
Sets current directory as the source

-d <dirname>
Sets the directory <dirname> as the source

-in
Converts to inch units

-mm
Converts to metric units

-o <dirname>
Sets the directory <dirname> as the destination

-s
Traverses subdirectories

-u
Converts UDFs (user defined features)

-uo
Converts only UDFs (user defined features)

-x
Exports the annotated expressions to a <filename>.exp_txt file

-y
Converts entire assembly

The converter worked great. Now everything is in the correct units, just 25.4 times bigger than I want it!! :)

Thanks to both and Mr. Morauski!

Troach,
I found the same dilemma! However, I am working with unparameterized features. In my case I was able to select all, use TRANSFORM-->SCALE and then scale it back the 25.4. Worked like a charm. Don't know what you would do for parametric features unless you wanted to go to EXPRESSIONS and scale each expression by 25.4??

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back