Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to convert 4 wire input to 2 wire? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbb

Electrical
Jul 12, 2008
US
Need your help folks.
I need to bring 4-20 signal from 4 wire current transmitter to 2 wire input card (Delta V). It was surprise for me that in Delta V i have to use a pair of cards for the same field signals. What are the options?
Thanks
BB

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A signal isolator is used. Action Instruments, Moore Industries, and Phoenix Contact are among the manufacturers that provide these.

xnuke
"Live and act within the limit of your knowledge and keep expanding it to the limit of your life." Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged.
Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips.

The module is the same, it's the termination unit that is different. You may be able to connect your 4 wire device
+ to the even pin - to the bussed power supply negative. You can easily check this out by measuring the resistance across these 2 points. If it's 250 Ohms you are in business.
I have attached a schematic of the 2 types.
Regards
Roy

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ecb03d10-ac40-4501-928f-da060501e271&file=4937_001.pdf
Thanks a lot!
That's what I was looking for. Hope I will be able to deal with these microscopic terminals and power termination of the carreer.
Regards

BB

The Bussed power terminals are the large ones at top of rack
Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back