Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Create a Partition for Meshing This Part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pulsar123

Mechanical
Feb 8, 2021
GB
Dear All,

I have attached a folder containing two images of the part I want to mesh. I want to make an object impact the intersection of the top right plate with the front plate where the cursor is in the second photo. Please instruct me on the best way to do this, as I am unable to create a partition that is on these two faces and swept to the back of the object. As you can see, there are gaps between the plates.

Thank you very much.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=8cb47c62-96bd-4382-a751-5b6799145a6f&file=Images.zip
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If these plates are modeled as a single volume then you have to partition them into separate cells. Then each plate will probably need some additional partitions but generally it shouldn't be a problem to make them hex-mesheable.

Thank you for the advice. I'm trying to do a cell partition, but for some reason whenever I press remove selected to hide a part in the geometry it deletes only the face but not the edges. Any ideas?

When you use the Remove Selected tool from Display Group toolbar then in the prompt area you can select different type of entity (i.e. cells).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back