Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to define nx80_site.dpv through variable

Status
Not open for further replies.

vimaldevk

Automotive
Feb 19, 2013
DE
Hello All,

i have defined user.dpv with UGII_LOCAL_USER_DEFAULTS varilable

and also defined UGII_SITE_DIR to \site

there \startup\nx80_site.dpv is located, but while loading it is not applying the settings defined in this file

plz help with the varilable from where i can define the variable directly pointing to nx80_site.dpv

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try changing the name of the .dpv file to 'NX80_user.dpv'. Also keep in mind that if you have .dpv files defined in BOTH the 'site' and 'user' locations, that they are applied in order, that is first the 'site' .dpv will be applied and then the 'group' (if defined) and then finally the 'user'. So if you've set a default a certain way in the 'site' .dpv file but it's set to something different in the 'user' .dpv, the 'user' setting will take precedence. If you wish to enforce any of the default settings in the 'site' (or 'group') .dpv that the user CANNOT override, then use the 'lock' feature when setting the 'site' (or 'group') Customer Defaults.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Hi, John,

Thank you for your reply, the problem is some settings it is picking from site.dpv and some are not and when i select load defaults from any options it replaces setttings as mentioned in site.dpv.

i do not understand where the problem is.

Vimaldevk,

Is the reason that the site defaults appear not to be working due to data that is stored in the file-new template parts or data that is stored in the Windows registry?

Adding to John Baker's explanation about the possibility that the contents of site settings being modified by the user level defaults - Locking the site level setting will prevent additional changes at the group and or user level - without the lock set the user can make changes and it can appear that site values are not being read.

If the option menu for the "level" in the customer defaults dialog does not include "site" then the issue is the environment variable or the directory name specified by the variable or the read access to the directory/network share.

The NX syslog file will indicate if the site dpv file was loaded (and what UGII_SITE_DIR was actually defined as for the NX session).

Please review the log file and make sure that the there are no typo's for the directory name etc.

Regards,
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back