Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How to delete eng-tips profile? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmanx

Mechanical
Mar 13, 2022
CA
Is there an option on this site to delete my account and have them remove my contact info from their mailing lists?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I can confirm that the site sends out quite a lot of spam like most (all?) sites that collect email addresses. Its what email filters are for.

Try clicking my stuff at the top then my profile and unclicking the partner messages box?

I don't get any.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

So does this mean there is no user directed option to delete an account on this site and permanently remove any contact info from the owners' databases?
Simply providing users the option to un-check a box does not prevent the site owners from using their info in the future.
If there's no option to do this, the site owners should at least make this fact clear to anyone signing up for the first time.

madmanx said:
If there's no option to do this, the site owners should at least make this fact clear to anyone signing up for the first time.

Ahem...
Capture_mavxvn.jpg

As for using the already collected info after account deletion, can you confirm they do this?

- Andrew

I spent 5 minutes poking around and I don't think there is a way to do what you're looking to do. The closest thing would be to email info@engineering.com and request to be deleted and wiped - just keep your fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back