Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Design Multilayered Thin films in matlab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmee

Materials
Mar 21, 2017
PK
Is it possible to design and simulate the UV multilayered thin film using Matlab ?
Any suggestion plz . How to observe Transmission , absorption and reflection of thin films ?
What algorithm i must have to fellow in matlab or what too is being used to simulate it Please help Please

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No No my dear you are getting me wrong. I saw many programs that are available online + source codes. non of them is going to use the right algorithm. i design my own in matlab yet debugging. Actually me wants to use " Complex Matrix Theory" from the Fresnel's equation and wants to implement in C++. Just i am interested that may some one help me and share with me the simplest form of " Complex Matrix Theory". i am struggling how to put complex refractive index like "n-ik" in C++ or Matlab. The demand of code was because me wants to understand the code or idea and how to implement this the above theme in this scenario.

Anyhow bundle of thanks respected sir at least you reply me and try to guide me.

If you are not a student, how is it that you do not know what to do with imaginary values?

You claim to have looked at the codes cited, yet you did not pick up any information about how to deal with imaginary values? Did you even use Matlab's help facility?

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Sir i am apologize for my claim, yes it true i have never use Matlab before this Project. Yes i am a Student of Electronics where we use language of circuits. but i am volunteer to do something other then my field. now a days me just wants to design optical filters for UVA (320nm -400nm). 1st confusion is that there are two method to solve this problem that i have seen in literature.

1. Transfer matrix theory
2. Frensel's equation
now the real problem for me is that i saw the source code of both of them. and try to understand the logic but all of the codes have contradiction with method cited above.
even i see your suggestion that you share with me which is a part of Optiscan. There is also a TMM method that is 100% different from optiscan method

here is link if you wants to see.
lecture 4,5 are also have TMM :( :(

If you recommend me any Course i will be very thankful to you. I am not expert in MATLAB i learn its basic at school level. But there is no problem in C language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back