Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to design SPUs for an Elevator room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hvacers

Mechanical
Jan 4, 2010
PH
does anybody know the rule of thumb for elevators rooms in designing its SPU. what is its TR/sq.ft

thanks guys

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

you should get data on the heat dissipation of the equipment, how often it runs, and do a normal load calculation.

There may or may not be a rule of thumb on ton/ft.. but that really can be wrong. I could imagine a high elevation elevator in high use buildings needs more cooling than a 2 story building elevator that has very efficient motors etc.

i have 5-units of 35kw motor its high rise elevator. assume that its efficiency is 85% and its use factor is 95%. what formular for heat dissipation can i use?

SPU only for elevator rooms ... means you dont have fresh air and only the evaporating unit is recirculating the air within the room

if thats the case and the elevator machine room is interior with only possible roof exposed...

these could be the good range.

0.49 - 0.53 TR/sq ft

Rather than using a thumb rule, I guess it is quicker and safer to do a load calculation. All you need is to factor in the fabric load and the Motor Load. Fresh Air would be Zero. No Occupancy and minimal lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back