Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to disable drag handle in Creo Parametric

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexSiron

Mechanical
Aug 10, 2019
FI
I am designing in Creo Parametric 4.

I have an extruded part (Extrude1). When I right-click on the Extrude1 and I select “Edit Definition”; I will like to adjust the Depth of the Extrude1 by inputing the value into the edit-box. Not by dragging the drag handle to adjust values.

How can I disable this drag-handle functionality; because I don’t want to drag it to change the length of the extrusion?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You cannot disable the drag functionality, but you still have a value entry box above the graphics area to manually input the height.
The same holds true for editing the dimensions, you may drag or enter the values.

I prefer entering the values as I get the value I need, which is not always possible with a drag arrow.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

In the config.pro, do a search for the option "DISPLAY_DRAGGERS" and set to NO. This will remove the dragger functionality in edit mode and only allow manual input of dimension values.

I'm not a vegetarian because I dislike meat... I'm a vegetarian because I HATE PLANTS!!

I just tried the Display_Draggers no and I could still drag the shape of my rectangle.
That option ONLY controls the display of the draggers, see below from PTC's web site.

display_draggers
yes*, no
Controls whether draggers are displayed in Edit mode.
yes—Draggers are displayed and enabled.
no—Draggers are not displayed, but you can drag entities.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Oh, okay - I thought you wanted to disable the draggers... You want to disable the ability to select a sketch entity in the edit feature mode and move it?

I'll look into it.

I'm not a vegetarian because I dislike meat... I'm a vegetarian because I HATE PLANTS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back