Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to export to dwg with format as object?

Status
Not open for further replies.

battassini

Automotive
Aug 19, 2005
BR
Hello,

I have my draft template with backgrounds.
Each background has a format (A4, A3, A2), but the format was inserted with "insert object" as an SE object, linked.

By this way I can change a format and it will be done in all my drafts automatic.

My problem: When I export drafts to dwg, I have the drawings without the format. The format is not exported.

I dont know if I`m using the best practice to have formats in drafts, so, if you can help me explainning what is the best way to do this and export do dwg without problems...

Thanks in advance!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

SE will AFAIK not export those linked background sheets to a certain level of ACAD because it's an image. Images in .dwg
are supported by ACAD but I'm uncertain at which version and
if SE supports it at all

dy

Hi,

exporting should be possible but only in case the template
or Excel sheet a.s.o. embedded not linked and the version
to export to must be 14 or higher. The same applied to linked
symbols.

dy

I don't see why you want to have a drawing with a linked background... Once a drawing is released, any change to it (including default tolerances in title block, even a company logo which is a legal statement, etc...) has to be tracked and documented. Why don't you make sure your backgrounds are right and then make your templates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back