Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to find the loads from roof to foundation for design 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldin

Civil/Environmental
Jun 17, 2005
US
does anyone know of a step by step guide to find the loads required for the design of a building starting from roof to foundation and how to tranfer them to the member for design purpose.
thanks in advance
Aldin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Wood Frame Construction Manual for One & two-Family Dwellings (1995 SBC High Wind Edition) is an excellent reference also "Design of Wood Structures" - 3rd edition or newer is also an excellent reference. You might also look into the NDS for Wood Construction.
Hope those help.

Many thanks to the guru of engineering SlideruleEra, ashhafpe and mrMikee for the invaluable response
thanks guys

Aldin

Thanks SlideRuleEra, Good reference, I have a young EIT who should put some portions of this to good use. Like all of us, there are some areas of the practice which need some work. I understand the apparent frustration of structengineer. I also remember some of the things both my brother and I did which made my father wonder if our brains were in gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back