Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get AutoCAD to save print settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeroUB

Aerospace
Jun 23, 2003
US
Just something that has been bugging me for a little while. On my old setup, once you printed the first time and then saved a drawing again, it would keep the same settings the next time that you wanted to print. Now with my new setup, everytime I goto print I have to re-select all the settings. Like printer, monochrome, drawing limits, drawing size...

gets a little annoying when you goto print out 15 drawings that you have already gone through three times before!

Thanks for any input!
Ken

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Ken,

In your plot dialog box, in the upper left-hand side of the dialog box, make sure you have the "Save changes to layout" option checked, then when you save the drawing, AutoCAD should remember your last used settings.

HTH
Todd

If you use the same print configuration each time you plot, it would save time to set the default print settings for each drawing. Under the File command, choose page setup, and set your standard print defaults just as you would under the plot queue. This way, the same defaults will be available every time.

As an extra note, the Page Setup pulldown will also let you choose the "Previous Plot" as a way to set everything to the last successful plot settings also.

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." — Will Rogers

As an added method to speed up the importing of the PageSetup and easier yse of them.

Make a single drawing with settings for each plot configuration or set all of them up in the same drawings.

The this drawing can be used to import all the settings by inserting the file or a single setup can be imported.

The Import and plotting can all be done by a single custom button or pull down menu

An example of the menu we are using.:

[Eng&1 ]^C^C-psetupin;"//Vwtersveps001/Downloads/Plot Styles/Eng1-11x17-Land.dwg";11x17Eng1-Land;n;-plot;;;11x17Eng1-Land;;;;;

Generic Line
[Menu Line]^C^C-psetupin;"Full Path to DWG with setup";"PageSetupName";n;-plot;;;PrinterName;;;;;

[thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back