Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

how to get job in signal processing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorano

Computer
Jan 11, 2012
CA
hello! i graduated from a local college with a diploma in electronics engineering technology and i really enjoyed our signal processing and filter design courses. i am aware that you can specialize in that field and i would really like to find a job in that field but all the job postings require a degree. if i would have known that before i started my education, i would have done a degree program but now i cant afford to go back to school and upgrade to a degree because i cant even find a job in the first place. is it possible to get a job in these fields with a diploma even if i have a strong desire and interest in the subjects?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

All you can do is ask, right? Apply to the jobs that appeal and hope that a company is willing to back off on their requirements.

What can we possibly tell you?

Dan - Owner
Footwell%20Animation%20Tiny.gif

Are you able to demonstrate a natural flair for the subject? If you can get past the HR reptiles and secure an interview then a good interviewer will often see past the certificates and pick up on someone who has innate ability.

----------------------------------
image.php

If we learn from our mistakes I'm getting a great education!

I would start by applying for electronics technician jobs at engineering focused companies. I wouldn't worry about specializations right away. It is hard enough to find your first job after school without handicapping yourself by only looking at a subset of the job market. After landing your first job you will gain some real experience and money. Then after a few years you can decide if you should go back to school, apply for a new job that aligns with your long term goals, or ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back