Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to get the replace view cascade menu in View Shortcut menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCS153518

Automotive
Apr 14, 2007
US
Hello All,

Using NX2007 series. Replace view which would have cascade option is missing in View shortcuts menu . Is there anyways I can bring this back and add it to my role?
I can see Menu > View > operation > Layout > Replace View . But this is not the same as that was in the Views Shortcut menu in the previous versions of NX.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

On my version it's
Menu -> View -> Layout -> Open -> pick the one you want (for myself it's "upper & Lower" )
Then you can go into each of the two views and replace them as you mention above.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1899

Hello Jerry,
Thanks for the info. But that is not exactly what Iam looking for. Back in NX12, Siemens provided Replace View > TOP,BOTTOM,LEFT,RIGHT,TRIMETRIC,ISOMETRIC as cascade menu just like you see in NX2007 for Orient view or Background menu in View Shortcut Menu. Thats the one Iam asking for . Where did Siemens hide this command now in NX 2007 or did they get rid of good option.

Have a look in the part navigator, views.
Good ?

Replacing views is a way of working which in many sites have been obsolete.
I am pretty sure that this command can be found somewhere in the depth ..

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back