Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to hide model features while editing sketch 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks. Its not working. When I go back to edit sketch the model becomes dim and it stays on the screen. I tried show/hide in the tree but its not going anywhere.

From your description it sounds like you are trying to edit the sketch of a part from inside an assembly. Are you in the part file or the assembly file?

Hi Jboggs , I created the model on part file.from a circle in top plane I created extruded boss feature and in the front plane I created the sketch and revolved cut. Now when in the tree I click edit sketch ...body becomes light yellow dim. I can edit the sketch. but that body is annoying I wanted to have only the sketch I want to edit on the screen.

Hi, davinder8244:

You can hide "body" when you edit a sketch. But you won't be able to reference the body if it is hidden. I won't call that an annoying as it is there for you to reference.

Best regards,

Alex

davinder8244 said:
Now when in the tree I click edit sketch ...body becomes light yellow dim.
Not sure what you mean by that. If you mean transparent, then as jboggs stated, it sounds like you are in an assy, because that's the only time that should happen.

Can you post a screen capture of what you are seeing ... including the feature manager.

What are your system specs? Using a non-approved graphics or driver card could cause that sort of graphic anomaly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back