how to hook a symbol to a table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chedalb

Mechanical
May 30, 2012
CH
Dear all,

I always did it manually, but I wonder if there is a method a bit more organized:
- almost everybody in title blocks needs symbols (e.g. third angle view or first angle view). Or, tables hooked to draft groups(e.g. the scaled rectangle defining the drawing area over a format)
- When copying a format from a sheet to another, then I always copied manually symbols, tables, and draft groups.

Now, I just wonder if there is an easy method to hook from symbols and draft groups to tables, or viceversa...

thanks for your thoughts..

Edoardo

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
you can create one sheet format with all kind of symbols, tables, title block, etc, then save it as .frm. Copy it as file, rename it (for example A3), and change/edit only size of drawing area.

Hi,
updated. File-New-Format- Check Empty, select orientation, standard size (for example A1). Insert your draft entity (drawing border), tables, title block, company logo, etc. Save as .frm. Repeat File-New-Format ....select other size (for ex. A2). Now you can copy (Ctrl+C) all from first drawing format, paste to second and change drawing area. Save as .frm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back