Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to import solidedge files to solidworks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deekay

Mechanical
Jan 21, 2003
DE
I obtained several 3-D models constructed with solidedge. What is the best way to import these data files (.sat and .par files) into solidworks so that I can reengineer them??
Thanx for any kind of help ...
deekay

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You will need to get them exported from Solid Edge as Parasolid export files and then import these into Solidworks. You can read Solid Edge files in Solid Edge and UG, not sure about the latest version of Ideas. Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

To open a Solid Edge part:

Click File, Open.

The Open dialog box appears.

Set Files of type to Solid Edge Part (*.par).

Browse to the desired file, and click Open.

The Parasolid translator should import Parasolid information from Solid Edge parts up to and including the most current version of Solid Edge.
Regards,
Jon
jgbena@yahoo.com

If all else fails, read the instructions (sorry not meant to be rude). Try Help - Import and I think you will find much information plus a matrix of translation solutions. I also consider the SolidWorks web site support area a normal part of the help system - though it can get out of date some. If you look the Tips and FAQ section, you will find more information on translating to and from other systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back