Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to insert hinge in assembly properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

durablack2

Automotive
Jun 25, 2013
US
Hello,
I am trying to insert a hinge into an assembly so that a toolbox lid can be opened. The problem I am having is I cannot seem to figure out how to mate the hinge correctly so that when the toolbox lid opens, the hinge allows proper movement. Right now I have it close (I think). When the lid opens, the hinge hinges a little, but the bottom part of the hinge moves down in the "Y" direction. I have tried numerous ways to fix the hinge but when I do it seems that the lid will no longer open.... Can someone help out with this? See attached for the zip file of the assembly.
Thanks

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=0aefa2cb-31a3-4c90-93dc-1ff6e870c506&file=toolbox.zip
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Delete Coincident27 mate.
Add a vertical distance mate between the fixed leaf of the hinge and the toolbox.

FYI ... There is material interference between the lid and toolbox (hinge side) when the lid is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back