Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to launch multiple versions of NX which talk to different license servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2020
US
Hi ,

I have NX1872 series version talking to one license server. Now on the same system I want to launch NX1980 series which would talk to different license server. How would I make NX1980 talk to different license server when it launches. Currently getting License server system is not supported error , which means it is talking to license server that NX1872 series is talking to.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I believe you would need to create a .bat file to change the SPLM_LICENSE_SERVER variable at launch.
you won't be able to run both at the same time though.

What if you added the SPLM_LICENSE_SERVER variable to the individual ugii_env.dat files rather than setting it as a global variable? I'm not sure it will work, but I'd give it a try if I were in your position.

www.nxjournaling.com

I just tried it, it works. just can't use both at same time.
I use NXcustom to Launch NX. added my main server using SET SPLM_LICENSE_SERVER= bllahahblah@28000 in the NX1953.bat file and added our sister companies server info in the nx1980.bat.
We share the same network.

The NX Custom should be possible to customize such that it allows for different license servers.
I have not looked myself but I know that Rob who created the first versions was very open to such possibilities.

Regards,
Tomas

Never try to teach a pig to sing. I wastes your time and it annoys the pig.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back