Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOW TO LAYER EXTRUSIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanled9999

Mechanical
Jan 13, 2008
GB
Im using ACAD2008 and tring to model in it. Im a Solidworks user primarily, and Iam tring to help a collegue out with a problem he has. We design hydraulic manifolds with lots of internal cavities which is easy in Solidworks due to the design tree which enables you to switch on and off features ie cavities. Is there any way we can do ta similar thing in ACAD, as its causing big problems. Any help would be great. Many thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi alanled9999,

I'm afraid not. AutoCAD just isn't set up this way. AutoCAD is more boolean oriented - meaning start with a block and start carving, (or adding pieces on) and you're left with one feature, where as SolidWorks isn't really boolean, it's more feature based (giving you greater control, and flexibility). I use both SolidWorks and AutoCAD, you can export the 3D from SolidWorks to AutoCAD as an ACIS (ver 7.0 I think for AutoCAD 2008) and your friend can import it (ACISIN command in AutoCAD)...

Sorry that's not much help...

Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back