How to make assembly components internal to the assembly? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekeller5

Mechanical
Mar 20, 2014
CA
Hey All,

First time post, Ill give a run down of my situation.
I regularly work with parasolid files from our customer, they contain upwards of 70 parts inside an assembly. When opening these files in solid edge all parts are unloaded into the folder that the parasolid is saved in. Ultimately I am left with a pile of part files that I don't need filling up our server with useless data. I know you can create parts in the context of an assembly but is there a way of internalizing all these parts in the assembly to clean things up a bit. I know this will increase the assembly file size and this does not matter. We create drawings with these assemblies for manufacturing so we need the assemblies intact.

Any Ideas?

Cheers

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No. there isn't a way to create an assembly file with all the parts embedded into it.

But, if you try to open that parasolid file using a part template, there is a chance that everything will merge into a single part file. The issues start to arise when you have non-manifold solids. Some of your geometry may come in as construction rather than a design body.

--Scott
www.wertel.pro

hey all.

You will make new folder and paste parasolide file there and after open this in assembly (.asm) or part (.prt) templete. there may be create more of file but you will delete it easily or not interfere to another file because of all file in new folder.

Mimnesh,
Mechanical Design Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back