Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make carbon bent shaft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buryk

Mechanical
Nov 13, 2013
CZ
Hello,I am not beginer in composite, I produce paddles for my seakayaker friends but now I want to produce bent shaft . I have idea to use some inflatable bag which I blow up in mould but I couldn't find any supplier of those bags. I was thinking to use inner tube from my bike but is ruber and it's problém with separation. Please If you have any experiance with production of bent carbon tube and you know supplier of bladder, please let me know. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You could use silicone rubber tubing, This should separate from your molded part without too much problem and it should be reusable.
Page two of the attached chart should have the sizes you are interested in.

B.E.

You are judged not by what you know, but by what you can do.

http://www.alliance-express.com/silicone-tubes?utm_source=microsoft&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=Flexible%2BSilicone%2BTubing&utm_term=silicone%20rubber%20tubing%2060%20durometer&utm_campaign=High%2BTemp%2BMasking
It is possible to make a bladder in the same way that a vacuum bag is put together.
FEP release film will keep things from sticking to your part.
Latex Technology, Inc. makes latex rubber bladders.

you simply take a piece of hose with an air valve in it and clamp the silicone tube to it.
B.E.

You are judged not by what you know, but by what you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back