How to make changes to Legend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeaB

Civil/Environmental
Sep 26, 2012
US
thread776-14261

How can I update the Legend on Microsoft Project, so that symbols/bars I don't use aren't shown, etc?

A closed forum thread says go to ...File> Page Setup >Legend but I need an updated version of where to go for Project 2010.

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Found my own answer on Microsoft site, so posting if helps anyone else who checks this thread.

go to the File (aka Backstage) menu. Look in Print, you will see Page Setup as a link at the complete end of the options. Rather small, but it's there.

To specify which bars you want to appear in the legend, edit the bar styles (Format > Bar styles > look for the dialog button at the bottom right of the section, it looks like a right angle and an arrow). By putting an asterisk (*) in front of a bar style name, you hide it in the legend.

I also found that you can add blank spaces before the titles of the legends. I did this to help with the spacing and make the legend less confusing. (drives me nuts how the titles for the symbols are closer to the OTHER symbol (to the left) that it DOESN"T represent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back