Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make nodes visible

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbas85

Structural
Sep 23, 2019
BR
Would anyone know how to tell me how to make the nodes visible every time I select them? In my ABAQUS, the nodes are not visible, for example, when I create a set for them. When I display the group for theses nodes, those are not highlighted. I do not have this problem with elements or surfaces.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are we talking about preprocessing or postprocessing? What feature are you using where you select the nodes? When exactly do you want to see them?

I'm using the version 6.14-1. How do I know if I have all fix packs installed? I'm having this problem in preprocessing. Every time I select them (for create a display group or a set, for example)I cannot see them highlighted. I know they were selected because in the message area, I see how many nodes were picked. For the elements, it's ok. I see them highlighted in the screen.

Strange. When I define a node set in preprocessing I get every selected node displayed red. Maybe some graphical issues on your machine.
But you should also consider trying a newer version of Abaqus. V6.14 is now more than 6 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back