Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

how to make use of the results of ADINA or ANSYS in FORTRAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ananan88

Civil/Environmental
Apr 12, 2004
CN
Hello
I'm using FORTRAN to calculate the reliability of a geotechnical engineering structure,and I need the results of the finite element analysis. But I don't know the method of how to make use of the results of ADINA or ANSYS in FORTRAN code. Can someone help me?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well, it's not clear whether you need help with Adina, Ansys, Fortran or some combination of them. What exactly it is that you want to do is also unclear.

Communication is key.
Get the communication right and you'll probably get some answers.

Dan :)

The simple answer is output your results from ADINA or ANSYS as a text file. Then write a routine in your FORTRAN code that will read this file.

I've done things like this a fair amount and if your starting from ground zero as far as knowledge of FEA and FORTRAN then I'm afraid there's no way that can be answered in a post. It's just too involved.

As far as ADINA and ANSYS go, I haven't used them. I have however, used frame analysis packages like STAAD, SAP and ROBOT and read output files from them into a FORTRAN program.

You may want to do as Dan suggest and refine your question some more.

Good Luck!

Thank you all!
My question is:
I?want to use ADINA or ANSYS to get the mean and variance of the stresses of each elements by Monto-carlo simulation.
So I need to excute the FEA many times,each with different input parameters. Can ADINA or ANSYS be excuted many times automaticly?

ANSYS can be used as a simple executable using line commands such as

ansys -I My_Input_File.txt -O My_Output_File.txt

It has also a langage of his own (called APDL) that you may use to calculate whatever property you need.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back