Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to measure unloading time in Ansys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khademijan

Mechanical
Aug 20, 2021
IR
Hello Dears.
I have an elastic shell model which has been folded through a quasi-static analysis by Ansys structural. The behavior is nonlinear, so large deflection is set on and loads are applied gradually. There are two steps. The first one is the load step and the second is unloading step, so the model return to its initial shape at the end. The problem is that, I don't know how to measure exact duration for unloading.In other words, I want to know how long does it take that the geometry back to its initial shape after unloading. In the static structural I have to define step end time by myself, for instance 1s, while in experiments it may take 0.5s or lesser.
Would you please help me?
Thank you so much.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In static solution time has no physical meaning. It is only measure of applied loads. Like zero force at 0 s and Full force at the end. In static you can apply ful load during 0.000000001 and results will be the same if you apply load for 10000s. In statics we assume that loading speed is wery slow and aplication time is infinite and therefore we neglect inertia.

You need to solve transient nonlinear problem. In thansient time is real physical time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back