Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How to model an Electrical Power Steering in Adams/Car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bj77

Automotive
Dec 19, 2020
IR
I'm working on a steering subsystem and I need to model an EPS system in Adams/car.

1- Is there a default steering model for which the EPS can be activated?

If yes:
How can I model the Electric part and insert the electrical steering inputs for the model that i'm working on?

If not:
How can I model the EPS in general?

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can model hydraulic or electric power assisted steering using 'co-simulation' between Adams and Matlab/Simulink. It's all about reacting tierod loads appropriately with steering wheel moment(s). This can be done with quasi-steady state, low frequency maneuvering, friction, full dynamic range, frequency response, feedback control, boost limiting, and speed sensitivity. Have at it.

Sore point. The PAS models that are available in ADAMS have not caught up with the real world. Since I use a customised version I may be speaking out of school, but basically once you get beyond speed sensitive assist then you are on your own. Trying to get a decent black or grey box matlab model out of the vendors seems to be an uphill battle, I don't think they realise how things will have to work in the future where physical development prototypes just won't exist.

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back