Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

How to move points in Sketcher 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jashe

Automotive
Jun 19, 2013
US
Is there a way to move points within a sketch. I have a bunch of points in a sketch and I'm trying to move them all together a couple millimeters over but the Move Curve command won't let me pick them (points used to be considered curves in earlier versions).

I tried constraining them with the coincidence constraint to reference lines and moving the lines and when I zoom in, the points did not stay on the line. So again, the new way of constraining geometry has failed me.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you talking about the WAVE Geometry Linker tool or are you referring to Relations(or Constraints)?

As far as Linked Points using WAVE Geometry Linker the answer is no.

I currently have NX 1919 (old sketcher) and NX 2206 (new sketcher) installed and ran a quick test. In the new sketcher, unconstrained points can be dragged freely to a new position. I don't see any way to move them precise distances. The old sketcher gives you access to the "move object" command within the sketch environment; the new sketcher does not. Move object allows you to select curves or points, each has their own filter. I tried to customize the UI to add "move object" to the new sketcher, but NX greyed out the move object command and would not let me use it within the sketcher. It appears to have been replaced by "move curve"; however, move curve only allows the selection of curves and will not let you select points.

To move the points a specified amount in the new sketcher, I resorted to creating an arbitrary line with one end point starting at the point object, used move curve to move the line, and finally dragged the point back onto the line end point and deleted the line. This is not desirable if you have a lot of points to move. I'd suggest opening a ticket with NX support (your VAR and/or Siemens). Maybe there is a method to moving points by a specified amount, but if so, it is well-hidden (at least from me).

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back