Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To Plot In Monochrome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhioAviator

Electrical
Sep 8, 2003
US
Hi all,

I am using AutoCAD LT 2004. An outside vendor has sent me a drawing that I want to print out in monochrome. I went to 'Page Setup'--> 'Plot Style Table' and set the plot style to "monochrome.stb". When I do a plot preview the preview is still in color and the resultant plot is in grayscale, resulting in some graphics and text that is too light to read.

Can someone help me fix this so that I can plot my drawings in true monochrome?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear Aviator;

In regular autocad you can type "CONVERTPSTYLES" at the command line and that will turn the drawing back to monochrome.ctb which will then plot in monchrome.

If that does not work in Autocad LT, take a drawing which you know does plot in monchrome and edit paste the offending drawing into it and save the whole mess as a new name. Plot the new drawing. It should stay in monochrome.ctb and plot in black and white.

Hope this helps

Adrian Dunevein
aaadrafting.com

I found an answer, though it is neither intuitive nor easy. You have to change the monochrome.stb style table. Add another style to the table, called perhaps "True Black". Make the color black, make screening 100, save and close. Then in the drawing, in the layer dialog, change the plot style or all layers to "True Black" (ctrl-a, then click one of the listed styles). Also in the drawing, use CHPROP to change the PLotstyle of ALL model space and paper space objects to ByLayer. Now try to plot. The pain about this is that each drawing has to have its layers and objects changed.

Thank you Adrian2 and IFRs for your responses to my problem.

Adrain2... I tried the 'convertpstyles' command and lo and behold that did the trick. Many thanks!

--JR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back