Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Purge Layers Created by Solprof 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binary

Mechanical
May 16, 2003
US
Whenever I run Solprof, the layers it creates are there forever.

Even after I delete all the entities on them I'm still unable to Purge them.

Anybody know what's up with that?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

do you have blocks defined in the drawing that contain ojects on those layers?

Intel P4 1.7 GHZ
768 RDRAM
Win 2000 Pro
Autocad 14, 2002 with EP 2.3.1

Hi...

You only must purge the drawing, and the layers will be eliminated, as long as you exploded the blocks that were generated with SOLPROF...

Good question... I have been trying to figure out how to delete layers made by both "Solview" and "Solprof". Purging doesn't seem to help. Layers cannot be purged even after everthing has been deleted. Would like to hear some suggestions.

Flores

Those layers created by SOLxxxx are frozen is specific viewports. They must be thawed in all viewports to be purged. Use VPLAYER THAW <layer names> ALL.

Then purge.

Did anyone else try this in ACAD 2000i? For whatever reason the &quot;all&quot; option is not working here.
Here is what I get:
&quot;Command: vplayer
Enter an option [?/Freeze/Thaw/Reset/Newfrz/Vpvisdflt]: t

Enter layer name(s) to thaw: all

No matching layer names found.&quot;
I manually thawed all layers on in all viewports, but still no luck...

The only way I have been able to get rid of the &quot;-DIM&quot;, &quot;-VIS&quot;, &quot;-HID&quot; layers created by Solview, and the &quot;PV-xxx&quot; and &quot;PH-xxx&quot; layers created by Solprof was by a tedious process.
First I had to go to each vport, and put the visible lines on a layer I created simply called &quot;visible&quot;, and I did the same thing with the hidden-lines on a layer called &quot;hidden.&quot;
Then I used the Layer Translate command (laytrans) from the express tools, and I put all &quot;unseen&quot; layers on layer 0.
Finally I was able to purge all offending layers.

Flores

I'm using 2k2.

I was not able to use an &quot;All&quot; option. Using the &quot;?&quot; allowed me to see the names of each layer frozen in that VP but I then had to type manually.

Later I found that if the VP was active I could go into the Layer Properties Manager and select all the offending layers at once (using Ctrl-LMB) and then with one click, thaw them by clicking the Current VP Freeze icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back