Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOW TO "SAVE AS" ASSEMBLY WITH NEW

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan14

Mechanical
Apr 27, 2001
US
HOW TO "SAVE AS" ASSEMBLY WITH NEW NAME WHAT DRAWING OF ASSEBMLY, RART AND DRAWING OF RART HAVE THE SAME NAME, OR
ASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY'S DRAWING WITH PART AND PART'S DRAWING SAVE AS TOGETHER.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

Change option RENAME_DRAWINGS_WITH_OBJECT to BOTH in your config.pro.

In this way, every time you will save as an assembly under a different name, the drawing of the assembly/parts will be saved under the same name as the assembly/part.

WARNING: The rule is good only when the drawing has the same name with assemby or part.

-Hora.

HI HORA
I KNOW THIS. BUT MY SITUATION IS DIFFERENT. MY PART IS 123.prt AND ITS DRAWING IS 123.drw, MY ASSEMBLY IS 123.asm INCLUDE THIS PART I MUST CALL ASSEMBLY DRAWING LIKE 123asm.drw. AND AFTER CHANGE I LIKE HAVE 456.PRT,456.drw,456.asm,456asd.drw.

Hi dan14

Try this. Open 123.Drw and create a backup in different location. close 123.drw and erase not displayed. Open backup 123.drw, rename it, then open backup assembly 123.asm and rename this and save, then open 123.prt and rename this and save and close, now back to new 456.asm and regen,save and close, now you have the 456.drw regen, save and close.
Erase not displayed and try to open 456.drw and check that all parts have be renamed.

I have a question, if these are the same why not use family tables in part, assembly and control what part get used this way and have a variation table and/or a sheet 2 in your drawing.

If your using intralink the procedure is alot easier to do.

Tofflemire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back