Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to re-establish link to published body 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadego

Automotive
Aug 24, 2004
AU
Hi Group
I have created two CATParts.
I published a body from CATPart1 and used it in CATPart2.
Problem is after performing SAVE AS on both parts to create CATPart3 and CATPart4, CATPart4 is still linked to CATPart1.

Is it possible to link CATPart4 to the published body in CATPart3?

Dave

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not 100% sure but I think you need to use 'New From' rather than 'Save As' to create your new parts. Save as just creates a copy of the part but with the same UUID (Unique Universal Identifier) which may be why the link points to the old part. New from will create a copy with it's own unique UUID.

The use of the term UUID seems a bit of an anomoly as it isn't particularly unique if it can be shared by more than one part.

Dave -- To add to Jackk's response, load CATPart4 , Edit --> Links, Replace pick the item to replace, Select FIlE and then locate CATPart3.

Regards,
Derek

Guys, try this. It seems to work from time to time. Right-click on the publication -> Components -> Define Contextual Links -> Now click on the geometry/body it should go to from your assembly. Let us know if it worked for you.

Regards,Gary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back