Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Read HVAC Chiller Nameplate for Short Circuit Analysis 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

budhiman

Electrical
Jan 26, 2016
US
Untitled_orz5yg.png

I am working on short circuit calculations for a system. There is an HVAC unit (nameplate attached). I did verify (Unit Power Supply) the cable and upstream protective device do meet the minimum circuit ampacity and max circuit breaker size, respectively. I have the following questions about the nameplate and how should it be modeled in the study software :

[ol 1]
[li]I understand there are motors for compressors. Will this HVAC unit be modeled as an induction motor in study software?[/li]
[/ol]

[ol 2]
[li]How to determine the HP/kW rating of this unit from the nameplate?[/li]
[/ol]

[ol 3]
[li]Namepate shows TWO systems on the nameplate what does it imply? Is one backup to another? [/li]
[/ol]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, there are two systems in there, each with two scroll compressors that have 55.8RLA @ 200V 3 phase and 2 fans with 7.6RLA. So a total of 4 scroll compressor and 4 fan motors.

Link to manual, go to page 82.

" We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know." -- W. H. Auden

Untitled_wgmhir.png

Thank you, @jraef. Now I understand. In the manual on page 38, I see the kW also listed (attached snapshot). Here the total kW will be 66.7kW for the whole system correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back