Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

how to rotate products in relation to local axis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iscariot

Mechanical
Oct 15, 2009
DE
I need to rotate huge amount of products with 180 degree along local y axis. How can I achieve this?
(After conversion from V4 to V5, we have many products in a wrong position because the products from V5 library have a different axis as the V4 library.)
I found rotation.catscript in the portable script center, but it rotates products only in relation to the top product axis system.
Where could I find some more information for the position matrix?
I don't quite understand for the moment how it works for the array from 0 to 8.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not sure I understood your problem...you are saying products but I suppose you have problems with standard parts library...am I wrong?

When I worked for a V4 migration to V5 and put it in VPM, I saw also this problem but much worst...problem solved by running a macro to get correct positions outside VPM and then run another macro to set position inside VPM.

You can try something similar...

Regards
Fernando

- Romania
- EU

I am migrating V4 standard parts using the PLMV4toV5utility and I am getting this standard parts as V5 product type if I am not mistaken, outside VPM off course.
I know all standards parts that I need to rotate later in VPM and it is always with same 180 degrees around local y axis.
Or with other words, I need to replicate by macro below manipulation:
Capture_uuccg4.jpg

I was thinking that I should be able to define the rotation using the position matrix.
Is it not possible to rotate std parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back