Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Save a Demo Version 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithrj_40

Structural
Jan 10, 2018
US
I have a RISA-3D model that I created a few weeks back, when creating the model I had the key inserted into my computer (we have one hard key, not a network key). I went in today and made some changes to the model without the key installed and now it looks as though I cannot save them until I get the key back, and am wondering now if I will even be able to save them once the key gets inserted. I won't have access to the key until at least one more day, maybe two, is there a way I can save the changes to my computer somehow until I get the key?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If the program is running in Demo mode, then even when you get the key back, you won't be able to save. The Demo mode is actually a totally separate executable that is not capable of saving files that are larger than a certain size.

I cannot think of an easy work around for you. There is copying and pasting from RISA spreadsheets into Excel. That could work. But, it is painful. You could also break up your model into smaller models and save them each individually then use the Append command to combine them together once you obtain your key. But, this is also pretty painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back