Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to turn a bluesurf capped surface into a solid body? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilDuron

Mechanical
Dec 10, 2003
CA
Hi,

Maybe someone can help on this one.

I have been trying to turn this bluesurface fancy surface into a solid body with no success.
What would be the general guidelines to create bodies from a closed surface?

So far I have had some success with boolean operation and closed surfaces but could not do the same with bluesurfaces.

Hints anyone?

BTW I am not more precise on purpose because I would like general guidelines on how to work with surfaces.

Phil

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

PD,

Procedure is to create a series of surfaces which form a closed envelope, then Stitch them. If SE finds a volume which can be solidified when the surfaces are Stitched, it will offer you this option (to create a BodyFeature).

Remember, GIG³O ...

You can create a solid body by doing as suggested above, or by using the thickening command. The surface must be a stiched surface. One other way of creating a solid body is by the replace face command.

Hope this helps.

Hello,

You can use all the surfacing tools including blue surfs to create a set of closed surfaces. Then use stitch surface to make one closed surface only.

If you didn't have a solid feature in your part, the solid should already be created.
On the other hand, if there was a solid already (whether it is touching your surfaces or not), you can use boolean unite to create the additional solid based on your stitched surface by selecting it.

Fredo

If the [blue]BlueSurf[/blue] End Capping is set to Closed End, you should able to create a solid body using Boolean operation.
Try creating a closed surface completely inside a solid feature then using Boolean Intersecting operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back