Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to use computers to interface with data aqusistion device 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC

Electrical
Feb 4, 2001
US
Know a little about computers, but need to know where do i start to learn how to interface and link up with control device like controlling motors/switches/ timers/ data aquisistion / testing devices using osciloscopes on computers/dvms/memory recordes etc. I would like very much just to be able to make a led switch on and off. read few data bit to store one and zero's and read it out on a computer screen. got any ideas and places to get the info i need and read, help?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hai DC,
Iam actually working in a field which u r actually looking for.I will give you a few tips to start with:

Look for the device drive driver software for the device by which u r going to communicate with the device u want to.Most of the companies making data acquisation products provide a device driver configuration utility for making the device read the input from device and send back the o/p to it.The devices come with a RS232 cable for communicating with the PC via comport.

for more information, reply with ur requirements and specify the kind of information u r looking for.I think I will be person whom ur looking for help.I will provide with all the information u require.

hi!! mr. subbarayan
like mr dc, i too have the probelm of interface a hardware with pc.
i have a project in which i have to make a interface for a hardware for pc. i don't now how to do that exactly.
i have some knowledge of interrupts and some knowledge of ports too. but i don't know exactly how to iuse them in this project.
if u have knowledge bout that plz do tell me or mail me at sandeep138@rediffmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back