Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use Power Input without "c:" command

Status
Not open for further replies.

beenson

Computer
Apr 17, 2003
KR
I know how to use Search (Ctrl + f) function and I seldom use Power Input mode but just out of curiosity, is there a way I can use it without typing "c:"? For example, in order to make a pad, I'd like to type "pad" in power input window instead of "c:pad".

Thanks and have a great day!

beenson

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

Why don't you use accelerator keys?

This is the most simpliest way to acces different commands from keyboard. Go to Tools>Options>Commands.

In the left window go to All commands. In the right window select which command you want. Under this window you have a Show properties tab. Push the "button" and create your own accelerator key.

Regards
Fernando

I've been using more than hundreds of my own accelerator(function) keys and I understand it's the most simpliest way to access commands from keyboard. However I find sometimes power input is easier than accelerator to use(i.e. name: , type:, set: etc.). Not many cases though. I just thought if I drop c: in the command window, I can use CATIA in a similar way with CAD and wonder why CAD programers made users type c: in fron of each function. Thanks anyway and hope I can get more answers about this subject.

Regards,
beenson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back