Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use several thread_standard_dat spreadsheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tec17

Industrial
Sep 8, 2017
IT
Hello everybody,

I have the necessity to use several thread_standard_dat spreadsheets, one for each customer who wants to customize the standard parts thread, but I can't figure out how to "tell" the program which spreadsheets it must use.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

is that for "diferent costumers" threads ? i dont know if u can use more than 1 spreadsheet at the same time, but u can allways categoryze like:

BSP Costumer A
BSP Costumer B
BSP General

NX8.5 - NX9 - NX 10 - NX11

I don't think that is possible in NX. You can use oly one at the time.

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX11 / TC11

If I recall correctly, there might be an environment variable which could be set to designate which library to use. It would have to be set at start-up, but you could set-up a simple script allowing you to indicate which customer the session that you were starting was going to be used for and then branch to the appropriate variable.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

The secret of life is not finding someone to live with
It's finding someone you can't live without

Thank you all for your replies,

I've already used the following enviroment variable:

- UGII_DRILL_SIZE_HOLE_STANDARD_DIR​
- UGII_THREADED_HOLE_STANDARD_DIR​
- UGII_SCREW_CLEARANCE_HOLE_STANDARD_DIR​
- UGII_ENGLISH_THREADS​
- UGII_METRIC_THREADS​

But none of them is used to set which spreadsheet must be used, can you help me?

i think you can only have one spreadsheat.

you have only 2 options, and if there is more please tell-me:

or you categorize on the same file various types of thread ex:

BSP Costumer A
BSP Costumer B
(....)

or you have a _var file for each costumer / diferent threads (and in this way you have to have the thread links defined proper )

Thank you vegetagaru, anyway I don't understand what you mean with your options.
I try to tell you how I manage the problem now.
I've created different batch files for each customer and in those bat files I used already the moldwizard enviroment variables so I can choose the folder that I want.

So if I use the customer A bat, NX will work using MOLDWIZARD A folder,
if I use the customer B bat, NX will work using MOLDWIZARD B folder and so on...

but for me this is not the best solution.

thank you

How do you have a 'customized' standard thread?

The tap drill size for a 1/4-20 thread can vary a little based on the percentage of full thread you want to achieve, but in 98.3% of the cases using a #7 (.201) drill for the tap drill will suffice?

Since there is only 1 variable pointing to the thread files, your startup batch file for different customer settings is the best way to go. The option of writing a script to change the setting mid session would also work, if NX will pick up on the changed value.

I think what Vegetagaru is saying is to have multiple entries in your treads.dat file for the same size, but different values.

Drill callout TapDia HoleDia
Cust1-1/4-20 .250 .201
Cust2-1/4-20 .250 .199
Cust3-1/4-20 .250 .207
(rest of data columns not shown)

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

yes Looslib is that what im trying to do :D, but as i said he can use aswell the VAR file and for each costumer he changes the values

the XLS var file is located at MOLDWIZARD/MW_VAR/mw_var.xls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back