Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP 41C Manuals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBinns

Chemical
Mar 19, 2003
CA
Does anybody have an HP 41C calculator with manuals?

I was told that there is an algorithm for approximating the compressibility factor (Z) for natural gas in one of the manuals that came with the HP 41C. Does anybody have this? I want to put it into an Excel spreadsheet.

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are many ways of doing this using reduced, or pseudo reduced temperatures and pressures. However, I did find a "petroleum fluids pack" already programmed into a Excel spreadsheet. Unfortunately, I cannot remember where I found it. I was searching for viscosity data on natural gas when I ran across the spreadsheet. Just keep googling and you should find it. It is called PVTPROPS.XLA. I cannot vouch for how well it works.

Yeah, I have the HP-41CX, complete with memory chips for mathematics, stress/strain and machine design. The manuals are in terrific shape.

I will need to look. I don't recall seeing this inside the module memory chips I have, probably you need to locate the fluid mechanic one.

Why not cruise the HP website or drop their technical guy(s) an e-mail?

Kenneth J Hueston, PEng
Principal
Sturni-Hueston Engineering Inc
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Thanks for the repies. I followed the first link from EGT01 and got the spreadsheet I was looking for.

Cockroach, I have tried contacting HP. Their help was not very useful. If you do find any more information in your manuals, I'd love to see it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back