Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hp 650c not printing all images

Status
Not open for further replies.

oedadmin

Civil/Environmental
Feb 18, 2005
US
I am attempting to print detailed maps from ArcGIS/ArcMap to a hp650c plotter. When the maps come out, there are layers and objects missing. The print previews look fine, but what comes out of the plotter doesn't. This plotter has printed maps with this much detail before. Now, the readout says "Out of memory - Data was lost." I'm new to this, so I'm wondering if there is a way I can clear out the plotter's memory and start fresh. Or do I have to buy more memory for the plotter? Or is there some sort of loophole so I can get around this problem?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you are using a 650 C then you are most likely running out of memory on the printer and need to buy more, or better yet, buy a newer hp plotter. To work around this, try exporting to pdf at 200-300 dpi to get an idea of the file size. If you are using a lot of small features and labels on an E-size print at a small scale, ArcMap can easily push out a plot file of 300 MB or more. Multiple data frames or bitmap image objects can also add to the problem.

Even though there may not be a lot of ARC expertise, the folks at the following forum usually have good insight into plotter, software and hardware problems:

Engineering Computer Programs > General Engineering Programs>Autodesk: AutoCAD Forum

Remember: The Chinese ideogram for “crisis” is comprised of the characters for “danger” and “opportunity.”
-Steve

Try changing your printer driver settings to spool from your PC and not from the printer. I had similar problems with a HP 1050c and this solved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back