Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HPGL File Printing Problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pieheto

Automotive
Jun 24, 2004
US
I'm using AutoCAD 2004 and the Generic SHPGL plotter config.
How do I create a HPGL file that prints correctly?
We store HPGL files of all of our drawings so they can be printed from the command line or HPGL viewing program by anyone. The files created from any other program (UG, Catia, I-deas, ProE, etc.) can be printed to any printer without any issues. When printing one from AutoCAD every plotter has different, but similar issues with not printing the entire drawing. Has anyone dealt with this issue?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I cannot remember for sure, but try writing the plot to file and use the *.plt file (renaming extension for your use ie hgl) I think we used this a few years back. Maybe worth a try.

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." — Will Rogers

Hi pieheto,

I use the HP750c driver. You will get an HPGL/2-file (*.plt). A lot of Viewer can open this file, and many printer can read this file...

Lothar

ADT 2004
ACAD 2002

Thanks Exxit. I used that driver and observed success on plotters that did not work before. Previously, I thought thought the only way to create the file in AutoCAD was the Generic SHPGL and LHPGL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back