Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HRSG User's Handbook - feedback wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest102023

Materials
Feb 11, 2010
CA
I would like some opinions from folks in the HRSG business who possess this book, before I shell out big bucks. I am a small-time consultant with experience in welding and failure analysis, but very little in operations. I want to learn more and develop more services to offer. Are there any realistic alternatives to this text (which sounds like it is an excellent resource)?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Our company operates HRSG's, and has done so since 1987. I have a copy of the book titled "Guidelines for the Operation and Maintenance of HRSG's” published by the HRSG User's Group. For a materials engineer or operating/maintenance personnel this is an excellent reference book for comparison of case studies only. Other than this, it has limited value regarding daily operations.

Another alternative which is more focused on materials and design of HRSG’s are EPRI publications, which you could not afford as a consultant.

I have the 2006 2nd edition HRSG Users Handbook and have found it to be very useful. Its not a very large book for the 345.00 price tag but its packed full of good information.

Mike Whitehurst

Some of the EPRI documents are available for for reasonable prices (or even free). These are older ones, but still contain valuable information. Keep track of what ERPI is releasing.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Plymouth Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back