Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HSG 65 model for incident investigation 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Chemical
Jun 5, 2001
GB
Has any one used HSG 65 (UK HSE) method for incident investigation for safety/ health or environmental incidents?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Shy,

I'm interested in looking at any standard or recommended incident investigation methods. Is there some place on the net i can get a look at the one you mentioned ? (HSG(UK HSE)).

Cheers,
John O'Meara
Melb,OZ

Hi John

HSG 65 is publised by the UK Health & Safety Executie and is available from HSE Books on the www. The Guide is about successful health and safety management principles and the Incident investigation is one of the appexdices. It is similar to the new ISO 18001 the Occupational Health and Safety standard.
I hope this information is useful to you. It is a good book, well written and very readable.

Best regards

Shy

Dear Ahmeslabib,

Have you seen this report ?

It is called "Root Cause Analysis - Literature Review", by WS Atkins of the UK, for the UK HSE. It is report no. 325/2001, on the UK HSE website. Find their CCR page, it's
in the group of reports for 2001 - look for the number 325.

It reviews various methods and tools (some proprietary) for Root Cause Analysis. It also discusses the subject matter I general. I know it looks at TAPROOT, can't recall the other one though.

Cheers,
John.

does any body has an idea where I can get formats for auditing or even inspection of caterers and food handlers at idustrial work sites.

thanks

ahmes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back