Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Humidity Controller not working 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcsperera1986

Electrical
Jul 12, 2011
LK
In my company we use two AHU to air conditioning and humidity controlling. but recently we have some problems with the humidity level of the room, as it is not controlled. we use AIREDALE brand,
chilled water type AHUs.(unit type is V80 CW) As I am new to the company I have less knowledge in troubleshooting the AHU. I want to know followings from you all,

1. Please tell me, is there any reference materials in web,from which I can get enough informations about AIREDALE AHU troubleshooting. It is worth if someone has the circuit diagrams and operation manuals of AIREDALE AHUs.

2. And if there someone who can feel the fault location of AHU, plz let me know.

3. I have a suggestion to install a separate humidity controlling unit to controling if I can not repair he AHU. will it be successfull?

4. this is a separate question.. I want to make a circuit which can sense humidity and show the humidity. can some one give me tips on that? any circuit diagrams with clear steps.

thanks all in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In answer to your question, I will focus in on item 2.

A registered professional consulting engineer should be able to feel the fault location, or more properly, determine if there actually is a fault with the AHU.

You can use supply temperature reset to drive down the discharge temp - usually 55dF to maintain 50%RH. A humidity sensor in the return will tell you what space RH is.

Step 1 is to understand HVAC controls and psychrometrics. Step 2 is to eliminate relative humidity controls and base functions on dew points or absolute humidity. For your system, the controls, design, and sequences need to be evaluated.

Is your system was working properly before?
Is there any new equipment installed recently?
Are the inlet filters cleaned regularly?
Is the humidistat in a clean zone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back