Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Humidity sensors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diazmeyer

Materials
Jan 20, 2009
ES
Hello,
Has anybody used humidity sensors to keep mixed concrete Water/Cement ratios as constant as possible.
If so what do you recommend.
We use crushed limestone aggregate.
Best wishes

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have a product (actually 2 units) that is manufactured by LASCAR that records temperature. The data is downloaded via USB.

It can be set for a recording interval and the information saved can have an elapsed time of 'years'. or the rate of recording can be increased and the duration is reduced. I'm not sure what I typically use, but it can record temperatures every 30 sec. for a duration of a month. This is software configurable.

They also manufacture a device that records both temperature and relative humidity. I haven't used this and in hind site I should have purchased these; I didn't know about them until I received the temperature data loggers.

The units are robust, compact and within 1/2 a degree (checked this). The software is easy to learn and the data provided is great, you can set operating limits and the devices will note when limits are exceeded. Very happy with the LASCAR and you might want to start with them for the temperature, relative humidity loggers.

Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back