Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hydraflow Hydrographs Extension for C3D 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

cenc

Civil/Environmental
Jul 18, 2008
GB
I am modeling a wetpond with two forebays, not in series. I've read through the User's Guide and did not see how I should input my values. If someone can provide some assistance, it would be greatly appreciated.

This is an existing pond, so I have the as-builts and created my pond with contours. I set the bottom of the pond at the NWSE, stage 0, with the final stage being the top of the embankment around the pond.

For culvert A out of the riser, the actual invert is lower than what I show for the pond bottom due to using NWSE. How should I represent culvert A invert, actual invert or at NWSE?

For contour area, should I include the forebays as well? The NWSE is higher than the berm between the forebays and main pond.

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If the culvert is at the bottom of a riser, your outlet is a weir at the top of the riser, not a culvert. You need to include all storage above the NWSE.

Thank you francesca.

Culvert A is the pipe out of the riser.
Culvert B is pipe into riser.
Weir A is top of riser.

Wasn't sure if I should place culvert A invert at actual invert (which would be an elevation below what I show the pond bottom to be, since I created the pond with a pond bottom at the NWSE) or input the invert into Hydraflow at the NWSE.

For example:
actual pond bottom = 100
NWSE = 105
Culvert A out of riser invert = 100
Culvert B = 105
Top of riser 108
When I create a pond in Hydraflow, do I list the pond bottom to be 105? If so, what should i input culvert A invert as? Or, does it matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back