Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hydraulic flush pipe question before plant commissioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

knapee

Petroleum
Mar 9, 2011
TW
Dear Sir/Madam

The process is describe below:
Slurry from PTA rotary vacuum filter feed drum is fed on a flow rate control via RVF pump to rotating pressure
filter.Separation of solid purified terephthalic acid from water-soluble impurities is performed in two rotary filter
stages in the continuous drum filter type A/B.Filtrate is pumped to reslurry tank by RVF Filtrate pump . The gas from PTA RPF separator is sent through PTA RPF separator condenser and mist separator to PTA RPF gas compressor where gas is compressed from 3barg to 7barg.

I have several question about how to flush the pipe before this PTA plant commissioning (the question is in my attached pdf fie)

Thank you very much for your time and kindly help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A blast from the past; I used to car pool with D. Meyer who invented the system.
I don't remember any particular problems with cleaning new system at Amoco (who developed everything to do with PTA). This sounds more like a question/problem for the engineering company / construction contractor. There is some clause like "ready for operation" somewhere in the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back