Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hydrogen and nitrogen gas prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

illhp

Industrial
Jun 18, 2003
US
Where can i find the price of hydrogen and nitrogen gases. I need large amounts 14000 lbs and 66000 lbs respectively. Any ball park figures you may have will be great.

thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can call AGA gas, Praxair, or some other gas suppliers. There salesmen my have a lot of questions at first, but they can provide you a quote for deliver. YOu will need to know how much a year you are going to use, what purity you want (98, 99%, 99.99% etc.) and what pressure you want to use it at.

I had managed the gas stream at my previous place of employ
and had found that Praxair was not a good performer and when it came time to rebid the gas they cut their price almost in half for grade 4.5 N2 but shortly after they installed the new liquid equiment they announced that they couldn't sell the gas for the price on their contract.

I just came across an article that stated that for natural gas at $2/Gj, hydrogen would cost $8/Gj. Presumably this would be for high volumes and based on natural gas steam-methane reforming. Also this natural gas price is low by current standards. However 4 times natural gas may be a useful rule of thumb.

HAZOP at

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back