Hydrotest Manifold Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt45.DZ

Petroleum
Jun 17, 2023
DZ
Regards,

am a firefighting Supervisor at a power plant project and i was asked to perform hydrotest for fire fighting pipe line.

i need help with design of hydrotest manifold with the required materials for a max pressure of 60 bar.

Thanks for the help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am astonished ... and a little angry

Whys does a "firefighting Supervisor at a power plant project" designing piping systems ?

Does your MBA lord and master not know that piping/mechanical engineers are needed for this kind of Code related task ?

... or was this work just dumped on you by a management that is either incompetent or simply does not care ?

Does this same management require civil engineers to design electrical distribution systems ?

More details please ...

MJCronin
Sr. Process Engineer

Sir thank you for the reply .

I just need some help i can perform hydrotest i did it before the only problem is we don't have a test manifold here.

Our piping is Grooved system and according to NFPA Code the system should be tested not less the 13.8 bar our design pressure is 10 Bar.

For the manifold i want just a simple design with material to be used for example class 300 or 600 Ball valve ..etc.
max pressure of the manifold is 60 Bar.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=f665005c-7629-425a-b266-319f2c52cc95&file=Sans_titre.png
Well first set the design pressure of the test manifold.

Not sure she 60 bar comes from but I guess you need to test something at 60 bar.

The manifold though need to be at its MAWP at 60 bar so that puts you in the realm of class 600 valves

Why not 50 bar then you could use cheaper class 300 valves and fittings.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

What are on the connections?

Also why are you welding on a connection to the end cap? A weldolet on a pipe is more straightforward.

thanks for the reply sir.

for the Max pressure 50 bar is better like you said for using only Class 300 valve

I will share a drawing i got from my friend.

for the connections i need :
1 for drain
3 upside outlet for (pressure gauge, Vent, Pressure recorder hose)
2 valves for in/out
1 check valve

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=72b39dbf-4788-4136-bc6e-9445d2747cc6&file=Sans_titresdf.png
Why 4 inch? 2 inch should do.

That end detail is seriously cheapskate. Use proper components at 50 bar. Reducers or flange with tapped blind flange.

Add a nozzle for a pressure relief valve.

Also the testing house normally supply these. Why are you making one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back