Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hydrovane compressor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCjohnny

Automotive
Apr 23, 2006
GB
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but there doesn't appear to any specific one on air compressors. If it's not please feel free to direct me to the correct one.

I need repair/rebuild/overhaul information on the "Hydrovane" (rotary vane) type compressors, specifically the 13/23/33 series. I have four of these.

The problem I have with one is the internal pressure regulation has stopped working and the pump just blows the pressure relief valve. I've made a basic investigation, and it appears the (adjustable) pressure relief valve seems to control the inlet poppet valve to regulate air drawn in thus air compressed(?) I think the o-ring in the poppet vale piston may be sticking.

Anyone have acces to factory manuals? Or a site where they've been published? I've had no luck thus far.

Cheers, John.

"It's not always a case of learning more, but often of forgetting less"

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks Mike..............

I've been looking out for a manual, including eBay, but nothing has come up.

Obviously it's the service/repair field engineers manual that would be of most use.

John.

"It's not always a case of learning more, but often of forgetting less"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back